Welcome to Redeemer Lutheran Church. We have served the Western Communities since 1957 and are currently in the process of building a new church. Watch for us on the corner of Jacklin and Jenkins!
We are Christians in the Lutheran tradition, firmly rooted in God's Holy Word and the Sacraments which Jesus instituted and gave to us to use for our benefit.
... there is only one God
- who created everything, controls everything, cares for everything
- who shows us He exists through nature and conscience
- who tells us about Himself in the Bible
- who has revealed Himself as three distinct persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- who is the only True God among the gods of all religions
... there is only one reliable source of information
- the Bible is unique
- the Bible tells us all we need to know about God
- the Bible tells us human existence is no accident
- the Bible tells us God wants to be with us now and forever
- the Bible tells us that to live with God forever we need to be perfect, sinless
... there is only one true faith
- life with God is only possible by His grace because no one is perfect
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man,
- who lived a perfect life for us
- who suffered and died on the cross for us
- who rose from the dead and provided the only way for us to have life with God forever
- all who admit their sinfulness and believe in Jesus as their one and only Saviour are counted holy in God's eyes and receive eternal life
- therefore, we want to lead a God-pleasing life
"God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son,that whoever believes in Him should not perish,but have eternal life."-- John 3:16 (ESV)
The basis of all Lutheran teachings is the Bible. Martin Luther and the other reformers wrote a series of documents answering accusations that their teaching was contrary to commonly held beliefs and practices of the 15th century church. These defenses and arguments, based upon the Bible were presented before a series of theological gatherings. Eventually, they were compiled into The Book of Concord. These comprise the doctrine and confession of the Lutheran Church.
Our Mission is to share the love of God in Christ Jesus through the preaching of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. We are a refuge for those who are hurting because of the brokenness of this world.
Sharing the Love of Christ